What you can expect from your teacher:
The following are my promises to you, my students. You should expect me to keep them and let me know if I ever seem to break one.
- I pledge to show you the joys of making music and to teach you to play your instrument. Besides hard work, our lessons should also be fun.
- I will expect and encourage you to do your best. My goal is for you to become an excellent musician.
- I will listen. If you have something important to say, we can talk about it.
- I will teach by example. Do what I do, not just what I say.
- I will try to explain things clearly. If you ever don't understand something, just ask and I will explain it more carefully.
What I will expect from you:
- Regular practice: at least 5 days per week for 20 minutes outside of lessons and school band.
- Be willing to keep working hard even when things get a little frustrating, so that you can keep improving.
- Take initiative to teach yourself and improve as much as you can on your own.
- Let me know if you are confused or frustrated about anything or have any questions.
- Take good care of your instrument. Keep it clean and well oiled.
- Enjoy yourself. Playing music is very satisfying and you will learn more when you are enjoying your playing.