Recommended Music Stores and Instrument Repairmen
Instruments and Accessories Dealers
- Osmun Music, Arlington,
Massachussetts, (781) 646-5756
This store specializes in Brass instruments and has a knowledgable staff and reasonably good prices.
- Woodwind and Brasswind,
South Bend, Indiana, (800) 348-5003
Deep discount prices. Send for their very complete and helpful catalogue.
- Strike Up The Band. Owned by a fine trumpeter, Daryl Robbins, this music store at 5 Washington Street in the heart of Downtown Natick specializes in instruments and music for young players, but can order more advanced equipment as well. Call ahead for store hours. 508-655-9223
- Wichita Band Instrument Co. Good mail order store from Kansas with excellent on-line selection of used instruments.
- Dillon Music. NJ store has extensive selection of used and new instruments
- Strike Up The Band. Owned by a fine trumpeter, Daryl Robbins, this music store at 19 Main Street in the heart of Downtown Natick has a well-choosen supply of fun music for young players, and they can order what they don't have in stock. Call ahead for store hours. 508-655-9223
- Hickey's Music Center, Great on-line catalog for brass.
- Pepper Music, Valley
Forge, PA, (800) 345-6296
Call for an excellent annotated catalogue.
- Air-ev Productions
The source for Norman Bolter's excellent compositions.
Many of the stores listed above carry CDs including Hickey's Osmun Music, Woodwind and Brasswind, and Air-ev. Tower Records Online is another great source for classical and jazz recordings and has an unusually good search engine.
The following shops specialize in brass instrument repair and do highly skilled work.
- I have heard only rave reviews about repairman Ken Pope in Jamaica Plain, MA, (617) 522-0532
- Dick Hansen, in Brimfield, MA is an extremely capable and experienced instrument repairman. 413 386 8018
- Osmun Brass (see above) also has an extensive repair department.
- Michael Leonard at Leonards in Wayland does good work. 508-653-2189